Milena – Association for Cardiomyopathies NPO NGO (hereinafter “MILENA”) undertakes to protect the users and supporters privacy in accordance with the principles referred to in the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 (hereinafter “Regulation”) and to provide to data subjects all the information about the ways in which MILENA manages their personal data and which actions are taken to ensure the rights provided within the Regulation.
This disclosure describes which data are processed when:
- Visiting the links to website https://www.associazionemilena.org (hereinafter “Site”)
- Providing personal data on the online forms to request more information or to subscribe to newsletter.
The disclosure is only valid for this Site and not applicable to other external websites that can be reached by links provided on the Site itself.
Type of personal data collected
MILENA processes the following types of personal data voluntarily provided by the data subject:
- biographical data and contact details
- data referred to donations or purchases of gifts
- data supplied when an information request is submitted
Purposes of the processing and legal basis
MILENA collects and processes data subject personal data only for its activities and purposes of social solidarity, as reported by its statute.
Personal data will be used only for the purposes related to the service requested.
The processing is necessary especially for:
- managing the relations and information with associates and supporters;
- discharging the legal obligations that MILENA has towards its associates and supporters;
- subscription to MILENA’s newsletter;
- sending via mail, email, sms or other electronic means information and updated communications associated with the data subject request concerning donations, gift purchasing, MILENA’s activities and initiatives;
- related to publication of images, photos and videos on the website, on newsletter or informative and promotion material concerning MILENA’s mission.
Data processing are complied with the Regulation, as well as with the principles of lawfulness, fairness and transparency, adequacy and relevance both on paper and electronically.
MILENA takes adequate measures of protection to ensure data safety and privacy by technical, logistic and organizational systems.
The legal basis of data processing by MILENA is represented by the associative mandate and the respective legal obligations.
Data navigation are information acquired by computer systems in an unspoken way while surfing on website: IP addresses or domain names of users computers connected, URI addresses of resources requested, time of request and others operating systems parameters of the user computer even collected by cookies.
Navigation data acquired and session cookies are limited and used only to have anonymous statistical information so that data subject identification couldn’t be possible.
Cookies for sending personal information or persistent cookies being able to trace users are not used in the Site.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a text file that is sent from a website to an electronic device (such as computer, tablet and smartphone) used by the user to view it. A cookie is saved on a user’s device for a set period of time (it can vary from a few minutes up to several months) and can be read from the website that sent it. A cookie contains information on the website that sent it and on specific information saved by single cookies.
There are different types of cookies with different functions.
Technical cookies are needed for the proper functioning of the website. Those cookies are used for navigation or to provide a service requested by the user and are not used for further purposes.
Profiling cookies are used to gather information about the user to create a profile on his/her tastes, habits, choices. Is information that can be used for example to transmit to the user terminal advertising messages in line with the preferences already expressed by the same user in the online navigation.
Analytical cookies are used to obtain information on the use of the website (such as pages visited, length of visit, the source channels of users). This information is collected anonymously and analysed in aggregate form.
Third-party cookies: by using our website, it is possible that some cookies not controlled by us are saved. These cookies do not contain personal information, unless you have logged into an account of the corresponding service. Third-party cookies may originate for example by: Google Analytics.
In our website we use:
- technical cookies that require the users´ prior consent
- analytical cookies of third party – Google Analitycs – set up to collect data anonymously, treated as technical cookies as expected by the Italian cookie law of May 8, 2014 of the Guarantor for the protection of personal data.
To know more see the page of Google Analytics.
What to do if you do not want cookies?
It is possible at any time to delete cookies, deactivate them from the browser and to surf anonymously. To change your cookie settings on your browser, refer to the instructions given on the relevant guides and support pages.
The data controller is:
Milena – Association for Cardiomyopathies NPO NGO
Piazza dei Vespri Siciliani 17
Data processing are stored in the data controller office.
Recipients or categories of recipients of the personal data
MILENA shall not communicate personal data at any person for marketing, advertising or profiling (recording and analysis of personal data of users in order to identify categories of people according to their behavior on the site) purposes. Any communication, if essential to MILENA’s aims and mission, will take place only once authorization is given by the data subject.
MILENA shall not provide any data processing in a third country or to any international organisation.
The period for which personal data will be stored
Personal data referred to associates, supporters and their donations are stored for administrative, financial and tax purposes until the relationship is ongoing and for the time required to achieve the purposes for which have been collected and complied with standards.
Kind of assignment and refusal
Except as specified for navigation data, the voluntary assignment of data by the data subject is optional. A possible refusal has no consequence, except that it makes not possible get the specific service requested.
Rights of data subjects
MILENA, as for the Regulation provisions, ensures the protection and fulfillment of the rights of data subjects, in connection to the personal data voluntarily provided:
- Right to access his/her personal data
- Right to obtain the rectification, integration, cancellation or the limitation of processing of his/her data right to erasure (“right to be forgotten”)
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to data portability and to know the updated list of data controllers;
- Right to object to his/her data processing
Data subjects may exercise their rights at any time sending an email to: privacy@associazionemilena,org or writing to:
Milena – Association for Cardiomyopathies NPO NGO – Piazza dei Vespri Siciliani 17 -00162 Roma –Italia.
Last modification: 30 October 2018.